I haven’t written a book review in a long time, my last book review was in August 2018! Yikes… Since then I haven’t read very many books honestly. I get into these moods where I just don’t want to read, it begins to feel like a task, like homework I’m supposed to do & that’s not fun. BUT this book! Wow! This book relit my “read for fun fire”.
I really truly don’t want to give anything away, I don’t want to spoil this book at all because it’s too good of a read. So to fill some space in this post, lol, I’m going to list the books I’ve consumed since my last written review & give a quick rating. Por si acaso quieren saber.
The Wife Between Us – Greer Hendricks
- What a twist! I was not expecting this ending at all. This book kept me guessing the outcome to the very end. Rated 4 stars on GR.
The Husband’s Secret – Liane Moriarty
- This book will have you hanging in suspense page after page. Liane Moriarty tangled an intricate weave of lies to form these characters lives & the journey of untangling them which is this book is soooo good! Rated 5 stars on GR.
What Alice Forgot – Liane Moriarty
- Again, Liane Moriarty, I love her books! In all honesty this was the lowest rated book of hers for me but it was still a good read. Rated 3 stars on GR.
Becoming – Michelle Obama
- If you haven’t read this book please do so! Read the book, listen to the audiobook, do both! I read the book & listened to the audio book & loved every second of it. Highly recommend! Rated 5 stars on GR.
Nine Perfect Strangers – Liane Moriarty
- I mean it’s Liane Moriarty… her books are insanely good. She has a true gift for story telling & this story is very well told. This book made me feel for the characters & that is the real gift of books. Rated 4 stars on GR.
Girl in Pieces – Kathleen Glasgow
- This book is not for the faint of heart, it deals with issues that are very real in our society & very unfortunate that they are. Aside from the subject matter being a ‘heavy’ subject the author does not hold back! I feel like this book should come with a trigger warning but non the less I was engrossed in this story. Rated 4 stars on GR.
A Map of Days (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children #4) – Ransom Riggs
- I’m beginning to feel like this story is being dragged on longer than it should be. Although this book itself was really good the story as a whole I feel like is moving in an odd direction. This book to me felt like a completely different branch, same tree just a confusing addition to it. Maybe there will be further clarification that will tie everything together, we’ll see. Good book regardless, rated 4 stars on GR.
Digital Minimalism: Choosing a Focused Life in a Noisy World – Cal Newton
- I truly recommend this book to everyone! I like to listen to the audio version when I’m driving &/or at my desk working. Absolute must read!! Rated 5 stars on GR.
12 rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos – Jordan B. Peterson
- I struggled a little with how to rate this book because I think the gist of it is worthy of a high rating but I also feel like there was so much extra unnecessary filler in the book as well. Did I learn anything or take away any new concepts from this book, no, but it’s nice to kind of get that reaffirmation of things you already believe in &/or want to improve upon. I also have the audio version of this book & like to listen to it in the background as I’m at my desk working. Ultimately rated 4 stars on GR, because the gist of the book is great.
People Kill People – Ellen Hopkins
- I’ll fully admit any Ellen Hopkins book review I write will be a little biased, I absolutely love her style of writing & story telling! To me she can do no wrong & all of her books are phenomenal. While this book took me way too long to read about 3 & 1/2 months, that’s not a reflection of the book. Mid-read I got into one of my non reading moods, but once I picked it up again I finished in it 6 days time & damn is it good! I was not expecting the outcome until it was happening! Rated 5 (biased) stars on GR *shrugs*
& finally the book this review is actually about…
One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus is AMAZING! I need this book to be turned in a streaming mini-series, 1 season, 12-15 episodes should to do the trick. I read this book cover to cover in 3 days, once I picked it up I could not stop turning the pages! I did predict a few things in the book, Bronwyn, Addy & Coopers secrets, those were easy enough to guess. I also guessed the ultimate outcome of the mystery but ended up talking myself out of it mid-way thru the book & started looking for the killer in all the wrong places so in the end I was a little surprised by the ending. I really wish I could say so much more in this review but I REALLY DON’T WANT TO GIVE ANY SPOILERS IT’S SO GOOD!! I need this story to come to the small screen asap! ASAP! I need the sequel asap! ASAP! & I need everyone to read this book! IT IS SO GOOD!! Thank you Karen M. McManus for this book, thank you!
Have you read any of these books if so what did you think of them?
Until next time, thanks for chatting with me – V